News For Lakeside Patients
Clinic hours over the 2013 Holiday Season:
Friday Dec. 20 - Closed at 3 PM
Tuesday Dec. 24 - Closed at 1 PM
Dec 25 and Dec 26 - Closed
Tuesday Dec. 31 - Closed at 1 PM
Wednesday Jan 1 - Closed
Regular business hours resume Thursday Jan. 2nd.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lakeside Medical Clinic
Scent Reduction Policy
Dec. 9, 2013
Due to sensitivity, irritability and allergic reactions to various man made perfumes and scents, when coming in to see the Doctor, please refrain from using any form of scented lotion or perfume.
Dr. Hey's Practice
Dec. 5, 2013
Dr. Schaana Van de Kamp will be assisting Dr. Hey with seeing his non-prenatal patients effective immediately.
When you call in to make an appointment to see Dr. Hey, the Receptionist will offer you his next available date and time as well as hers. Your choice to see either.
Dr. Van de Kamp will only be at Lakeside one day per week so choices will be limited.
Form, Forms, Forms ...........
Here are some points to consider when dropping off forms:
1) Forms WILL NOT be completed with the walk-in Doctor. Please make an appointment with your family physician.
2) There is a charge for all forms and in almost all cases, the patient is responsible for payment. The minimum charge is $20.
3) Patients dropping off forms for physicians to complete will be told that the form will take 10 to 14 weekdays to complete. Once the form is completed, one of our Administation staff will call you.
4) Please make sure you have completed your portion of the form and signed the it. Forms will be returned to the patient if these areas are not completed.
Nov. 29, 2013
Please inform us if any of your contact information has changed ... address, phone numbers, Next of Kin, etc.
Call any of our receptionists at 306-374-6884; they would be happy to assist you.
Tips for Walk-In Patients
1) Bring your health card with you to EVERY walk-in visit .... even if you are a regular patient at Lakeside. We need accurate contact patient information and it's a great time to update or check our records. There's the whole "Privacy Issue" as well.
2) Depending on the demand (how many people walk in our doors) and the complexity of the 'reason for visit' of each patient, the wait time to see a walk-in Doctor varies and it can change very quickly. Please follow us on Twitter @LMCSaskatoon. We post the wait times regularly throughout the weekday - a bit less frequently on weekends.
3) If a patient presents with a laceration, chest pains or breathing difficulties, they are put to the top of the walk-in list regardless of how many other people are registered.
4) Towards the end of the day, if the walk-in demand is too high, new patient registration may cease before the closing hours posted on our front door. This cut-off is clinic policy and the cut-off time is at the discretion of the walk-in physician.
5) Complete Physical Exams, SGI Medicals, Pre-Ops, Paps and completion of forms will not be handled or completed by the walk-in physician. Please make an appointment with your family physician.
6) Thank you in advance for your patience. Sometimes the lines get long and the patient(s) in front of you have complex issues. The receptionist(s) are working as fast and efficiantly as possible.
7) There are services and supplies that are not covered by Sask Health. Sick notes, certain casting materials, Dura-Bond laceration cement and liquid nitrogen for warts are just a few materials that you will be responsible paying for.